Earth Open Source is a nonprofit organisation. We're working on major projects to assure a safe, sustainable food supply all around the world - but we can't do it without your help.
Over the last two years we have produced six groundbeaking reports, often in collaboration with other groups, experts and scientists:
- Europe’s pesticide and food safety regulators: Who do they work for?
- GM Soy: Sustainable? Responsible? Summary of over a hundred independent studies.
- Roundup and birth defects: Is the public being kept in the dark?
- Conflicts on the menu: A decade of industry influence at the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- GMO Myths and Truths: An evidence-based examination of the claims made for the safety and efficacy of GM crops.
- Charter for the GM industry: EU Commission is trying to water down GMO risk assessment – just as new research shows and EU approved GM maize can cause massive tumours, premature death and organ damage.
Each report has had a large impact on the worldwide debate on the use of GMOs in our food supply. For example, between June and August 2012 the GMO Myths and Truths report was downloaded 304,700 times. The report is in use by activists, educators and policymakers in Europe, Asia, Australasia, and North and South America. Volunteer collaborators have initiated translations into other languages.
Any donation you give will help in the fight for a better and more sustainable food supply and for better agricultural practices.